Protecting Consumers From Unfair Debt Collection Practices
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) was passed by Congress to protect consumers from abusive and harassing debt collection practices. If creditors violate this act, an experienced lawyer can help you take legal action against them.
Jonathan A. Hagn is a skilled consumer protection attorney who represents victims of unfair creditor acts. He provides high-quality representation to debtors throughout Colorado. Learn how he can help put a stop to harassing phone calls, threats, false statements, and other creditor practices by contacting his Denver office to schedule a consultation. Call 303-731-3349 or toll free 866-936-3301 now.
Protections Offered by the Act
Under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, creditors are prohibited from:
- Contacting a relative or other third-party person who does not owe the debt
- Threatening you into paying your debt without intention to actually carry out that threat
- Making harassing phone calls early in the morning, late at night, or at other unreasonable times
- Calling you at work when it is a violation of an employer's policy
- Telling your employer why they are calling
- Threatening arrest
- Making false representations of your debt
- Harassing you for debt payment after you filed for bankruptcy
- Other unfair practices prohibited by the FDCPA
If you believe a creditor violated one of these provisions, it is important to talk with an attorney right away. Attorney Hagn can review your situation and determine if you have a legitimate complaint for a lawsuit. There is a strict statute of limitations on these matters, so do not wait.
If you are a victim of unfair or unlawful debt collection practices, contact a consumer protection lawyer at Jonathan A. Hagn, P.C., for a consultation. Mr. Hagn serves clients throughout the Denver, Colorado, area.
Mr. Hagn is licensed to practice law in Colorado and Virginia
and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office
We represent clients throughout Colorado, in Denver, Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Douglas, and Jefferson counties including Arvada, Aurora, Boulder, Brighton, Broomfield, Castle Rock, Englewood, Evergreen, Glendale, Golden, Highlands Ranch, Lafayette, Lakewood, Littleton, Louisville, Northglenn, Thornton, Westminster, and Wheat Ridge.